What You Need to Know about our Rental Terms
Please contact us if anything is unclear about our Rental Terms and conditions or if you have any additional questions.
Terms last updated on October 2022
- Drivers must be between 21 and 80 years of age.
- Young Driver – Drivers between 21 and 24 are subject to a higher deposit (deductible/excess US$2000.00 )
- Senior Driver – Drivers between 75 and 80 years of age are subject to a higher deposit/deductible (US$2250.00 ) and must provide a medical certificate of clearance in advance of the rental. These certificates must be no older than 30 days from the expected commencement of the hire period and must cover hearing, sight, reflexes, and general health.
Driving Permits and Additional Drivers
- Each driver must have held a valid driving license for at least 3 years. Drivers must produce this license at delivery.
- A local driving permit is necessary by law and is issued at delivery. These permits are US$5.00 each and are valid for 2 months. Any driver not in possession of a valid Barbados Driving license must purchase one of these permits before you are able to drive in Barbados.
- We allow a maximum of 2 drivers per vehicle at no charge except for a Barbados driving permit.
- Additional drivers (3 & 4) may be added at a cost of US$3.00+tax per day per driver, capping off at 4 drivers in total per vehicle.
- We do not charge for fuel. All vehicles are delivered with a minimum ¼ tank and this level is noted at delivery.
- We require that they are returned at the same level as delivered
- Failure to do this will result in a fuel replacement charge.
Regular working hours and overtime information
- Daily Regular Hours – 8.30 am to 6pm
- Daily Overtime Hours – 6 pm to 10 pm
- An overtime fee of US$25.00 plus tax is applied to ALL deliveries during the overtime period.
Deliveries and collections island-wide.
- Deliveries and Collections
- AIRPORT DELIVERY/MEET & GREET– US$10.00+tax
- ISLANDWIDE DELIVERY (except Airport) – US$5.00+tax
- RETURN/COLLECTION ISLANDWIDE (including Airport) – US$5.00+tax
- We have discontinued offering SEAPORT deliveries and collections for the time being. If this changes, we will update accordingly.
- 24 Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance.
- Maps and guides are provided with all rentals.
With our rate of hire, the vehicle is comprehensively insured, including damage to third-party vehicles, property, and injury. With all quotes, clients are offered mandatory insurance with our basic deposit package. This means you pay less per day for the rental itself, but you have the highest excess/deductible in the event of an accident or damage. This excess is US$1500.00, and we do an authorization (hold only) on your credit card at delivery. Once no damage occurs, you are not charged for the excess amount, and the HOLD will eventually drop off your card. Please note that the drop-off/release time on this hold varies depending on your issuing financial institution. If you do not have a credit card, a Cash deposit equal to your contracted Insurance deductible is accepted.
We offer an add-on reducer package called a CDW ( Collision Damage Waiver )
Standard Pack – Additional US$15.00 + tax per day onto basic quote – Your responsibility for damages is reduced to US$250.00 except for the underlined exceptions. Not applicable on one and 2-day rentals.
EXCEPTIONS – The CDW/deductible does not cover – interior damage/stereo and antenna/ wheel tools and accessories/ rims/tyres/hubcaps, depletion of battery life due to negligence, and lost/damaged keys and fobs.
We accept cash or credit card for all rental fees and these CDW packages. Most clients pay for the rental in cash or credit but if they do not have a credit card available to cover the cdw package they choose, we do offer them the option to give us the cash to hold and we return in full at the end of the rental once no damage occurs.
The CDW plan is void in the event of the following:
- Use of the vehicle for any activities listed as restricted.
- The damage or loss was caused intentionally.
- An unauthorized driver is driving the vehicle.
- The loss or damage occurred because the driver whether authorized or not was impaired by the use of alcohol or drugs.
- No eating of foodstuff or drinking of beverages is permitted in the rental vehicle.
- Smoking is also strongly prohibited in all vehicles.
- No animals or pets are allowed under any circumstances.
- Should the upholstery be soiled or burnt by such activities, the Hirer will be liable for all valet and repair costs.
- The vehicle will not be used for the carriage of passengers or property for hire or reward, for any illegal purpose; to propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer; for race pace-making, reliability trials or driving tuition; in violation of the provision of any Act, Order or Regulation affecting the use, lending or condition of the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is used in any of the aforementioned activities, the Hirer is responsible for any damage or loss to the vehicle. Or any part or attachment thereof, including our loss of use of the vehicle regardless of fault. If we elect not to repair the vehicle, the Hirer shall pay the full value of the vehicle before it was damaged, less any monies received from salvage.
- The Hirer will immediately inform the Rental Office of any loss, damage to, or fault in the vehicle and will not use the vehicle while it is in a non-road worthy condition or liable to cause harm to any person or property.
- The Rental Office will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, our premises, or service vehicle.
We Accept Visa and MasterCard
Payment Methods and Restrictions
- Full payment for your rental is due on the day of delivery.
- A credit card number with expiry date and 3-digit security code (CVC) is required. We accept payment by – Visa, Mastercard, cash or debit card.
- A credit card is required for the security deposit. These cards are verified and imprinted at delivery. Your signed card imprints are kept on file until the end of the rental. Once no damage occurs, these imprints are destroyed. We do not accept virtual credit cards. If a debit card is presented for the security deposit at delivery, the card will be run for the full security deposit plus a US$25.00 non-refundable processing fee. A refund will be issued at the end of the rental once no damage has occurred.
- THE CARD PROVIDER MUST BE A NOTED DRIVER ON THE RENTAL VEHICLE & NO BOOKING IS CONFIRMED WITHOUT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ON FILE.
Cancellation & NO SHOW
- Cancellation & NO SHOW – ADJUSTED REGULARLY
- A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required for all cancellations of bookings. In the event of this NOT being done or of a NO SHOW, your credit card will be run in the amount of US$100.00.
- Overtime fees will apply if you require delivery between 6-10 pm.
- No refunds are issued if vehicles are adjusted or canceled once your contract has commenced.